With the age of personalized medicine at the brink, it only makes sense that Indian genetic sequencing startups mushrooms to chip in on this medical revolution. With that spirit in mind, here’s a list of 7 startups which provide genetic sequencing as a service.
1. Ganit Labs Bio-IT center– An independent not-for-profit research Centre established as a public-private partnership initiative between the Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology and Strand Life Sciences, both in Bangalore, India.
2. Medgenome– MedGenome Inc. is a genomics-based diagnostics and research company delivering the best of health care by decoding the genetic information contained in an individual’s genome. They are the first mover and market leader in genomics-based diagnostics and research from India with global offices in San Francisco and Boston and is considered to be among the pioneers of Indian genetic sequencing startups.
3. Mapmygenome– Mapmygenome is a molecular diagnostics company to make people proactive about their health. They offer personalized health solutions based on genetic tests that help people to get to know about themselves. By combining genetic health profile and health history with genetic counseling, Mapmygenome provides actionable steps for individuals and their physicians towards a healthier life. Mapmygenome is focused on preventive health care through healthy habits.
4. Xcelris– Considered to be among the most versatile of Indian genetic sequencing startups, They cutting-edge solutions to researchers across fields such as agriculture, human health, animal science, wildlife conservation, bio-energy, microbial and environmental genetics. Xcelris partners with the biotechnology industry, academia, research institutes and individual researchers in India and abroad. They cater to the needs of researchers by their comprehensive service portfolio ranging from Molecular biology kits, Oligosynthesis services, Sanger Sequencing services, Next Generation Sequencing and Bioinformatics analysis.
5. SciGenom– A Genomics R & D Services company, that provides genomic sequencing and bioinformatics services to life sciences and healthcare businesses globally as well as academic and government institutions in India. SciGenom started operations in Jan 2010. It is headquartered in Cochin, India with offices in Chennai & Hyderabad in India and San Francisco in the U.S. SciGenom is an NABL and ISO certified company, with a fully functional state-of-the-art molecular biology laboratory in Cochin and over 100 employees. It also has an R& D lab that is recognized by Department of Scientific & Industrial Research (DSIR), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
6. Jai Health– They develop and commercialize preventive health, genomic, molecular diagnostic and personalized medicine solutions for India, Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Research and innovation are at the heart of what they do and they build each solution up from the ground tailored specifically for the markets we serve.
7. Xcode Life sciences– With a panel that covers over 300 parameters that screen for several aspects of disease predisposition, skin aging manifestations, nutrition, and fitness, based on personal genomics. The custom-made genomic testing panels have been hand-picked by their researchers using stringent selection criteria, Xcode’s core area of focus is genomics. Their products are offered in India, Australia & South Africa.
With these string of startups offering the basic requirement of genome mapping it’s only a matter of time before the field of personalized medicines booms in the medical sector. Watch out for these companies and brace yourself for the unparalleled efficiency of personalized medicine!